Created to meet the ever growing needs of Homeowners Association management, Common Interest Services was formed in 2011 by founder Nels Atha with the goal of providing the best management services to small, mid-sized and large Homeowners Associations in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Since that time, CIS has been providing clients with exceptional services at competitive prices. From full service Homeowners Association management to DIY style financial management, Common Interest Services strives not only to meet but exceed client expectations.
Currently, CIS offers clients the following services:
- All Inclusive On-Site Homeowners Association Management – Best for Associations 100 units and above or High Service HOAs
- All Inclusive Portfolio Homeowners Association Management – Best for Associations 40-150 units
- Basic Portfolio Homeowners Association Management – Best for Associations 10-50 units
- Financial Only Homeowners Association Management – Best for Staffed General Manager Buildings and DIY Boards 4-15 units
- HOA Consulting – best for 2-10 unit DIY associations with occasional questions.
Homeowners Association Management
- Aid in the competitive bid process, providing a selection of contractors and helping develop contract specifications.
- Maintain certificates of insurance, i.e. workers compensation and general liability insurance for vendors.
- Perform site inspections to maintain a satisfactory knowledge of the condition of the property.
- Aid in the scheduling and completion of annual elections.
- Manage service requests for repairs from homeowners.
- Manage emergency service requests.
- Keep Association updated regarding major problems or trends in maintenance service requests.
- After-hours emergency service.
- Includes all Financial Management services
- A trained, qualified Homeowners Association Management Specialist (Manager) assigned to a single client.
- The Manager will be physically present at the property.
- On-Site Managers are placed with the approval of the Board. The Manager is trained by CIS and employed by the Homeowners Association or employed by CIS.
- Site inspections and meeting attendance, are free during regular business hours.
- A trained, qualified Homeowners Association Management Specialist (Manager) assigned to multiple clients.
- The Manager will be available to Board Members and Homeowners via phone or e-mail during regular business hours.
- Portfolio Managers are trained by CIS and work out of the local management office.
All Inclusive Service Packages
- Monthly management fees include costs of monthly and annual services.
- Includes items such as Board meeting attendance, regular walk through service, and annual budget and elections mailers.
- Aids in the monthly expense tracking by lowering the variation in month to month costs.
“Basic” Service Packages
- Pay upon use style billing.
- Clients have flexibility to reduce manager services as needed.
- Develop and prepare annual operating budget.
- Mail approved budget to all Owners.
- Maintain accounting records necessary to produce Financial Statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare a monthly financial summary of all receipts and disbursements.
- Approve vendor invoices and other bills and prepare checks for payment and subsequent mailing
- Collect assessments as they become due and payable, and deposit all cash receipts in Association’s bank accounts.
- Maintain a record of Owners dues and receipts and provide the Association with a monthly delinquency listing.
- Various one time services are offered.
- Generally billed by the hour.
- An excellent choice for small, self run Homeowners Associations with tight budgets.
- Get an experienced manager’s advice without a long term contract.
- Services available for Real estate agents and potential homeowners in the HOA document review.
These are a few of the Homeowners Association management services currently offered by Nels and his qualified team at Common Interest Services, Inc. To get more information, or to price services for your association, request a quote today.